Overview of Aspergillus
Aspergillus is a mold type that includes hundreds of different individual spores with some common characteristics. Aspergillus can grow very rapidly as a mold in oxygen rich environments. The most common symptoms caused by exposure to this mold type include respiratory problems such as asthma, difficulty breathing, and a scratchy throat. Another common side effect of aspergillus exposure are allergenic symptoms such as sneezing, itchy and watery eyes and a sore throat.
People with weakened immune symptoms should not be exposed to aspergillus. It has been the cause of problematic infections known as Aspergillosis. Aspergillosis is a group of infections that have been caused by exposure to this spore. This includes lung infections, skin lesions, stomach ulcers, and ear infections. People with poor or weakened immune systems should not be exposed to areas with high aspergillus spore counts.
To have a test preformed in Utah, call Pure Maintenance at 801-513-3364