A brief definition straight from the internet: Lyme disease, also known as Lyme borreliosis, is an infectious disease caused by a bacterium named Borrelia which is spread by ticks. The most common sign of infection is an expanding area of redness on the skin, known as erythema migrans that appears at the site of the tick bite about a week after it occurred. Other early symptoms may include fever, headache, body ache, and lethargy. If untreated, symptoms may include loss of the ability to move one or both sides of the face, joint pains, severe headaches with neck stiffness, or heart palpitations, among others. Months to years later, repeated episodes of joint pain and swelling may occur. Occasionally, people develop shooting pains or tingling in their arms and legs. Despite appropriate treatment, about 10 to 20% of peopledevelop joint pains, memory problems, and tiredness for at least six months.
Often times this becomes a lifelong trial. In recent years, there have been more and more healthcare practitioners drawing the correlation between mold exposure and Lyme disease. The predominant theory is that millions of people live with the Lyme bacteria and never know it. These people live completely healthy or at least relatively healthy lives. It is not until a person who has the Lyme bacteria is exposed to mold toxins that the bacteria hits a “boiling point”. This has been documented by various healthcare practitioners, researchers and authors over the past several years. It seems that our bodies have an incredible ability to fight off infections, but sometimes enough is enough. It’s a toxic overload and all kinds of symptoms begin to manifest themselves.
Pure Maintenance is the only company in the world that addresses the health of the entire home. True mold remediation
must involve more than just the area of water intrusion. Once a home or building has a water intrusion, it must be considered that
the entire home is sick. The entire home must be accounted for and returned to healthy status.